The Sales Specialist, Medical Informatics is responsible for the achievement of MI business and financial objectives including, but not limited to: Consultative selling of the Fujifilm SonoSite (FFSS) informatics solutions to current and prospective customers, informatics product demonstrations, informatics products sales training activities for FFSS sales employees, and creating MI product sales plans for their assigned geographies.
This role works cross-functionally with various departments including sales, service, marketing, order administration, product management, operations and finance. To accomplish this, the Sales Specialist, Medical Informatics must work in a consultative manner in all aspects of our sales strategies for their assigned geographies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage activities throughout the sales cycle, from customer needs assessments all the way through to contract signing.
- Assess customers’ business needs, clinical needs, and technical needs for medical informatics solutions, including in-depth assessment of customer’s departmental workflow needs.
- Articulate the value proposition, differentiating features, and financial benefits of FFSS medical informatics solutions to clinical users and directors, IT personnel and directors, and C-level executives, ensuring that products, services, and solutions are positioned to maximize customer value.
- Drive creation of customized Statements of Work (SOW) that help ensure smooth implementation of FFSS medical informatics solutions with customers’ existing products.
- Generate proposals that are technically sound, competitive, and representative of market leadership in the application of the technology to address business/market needs and issues.
- Drive closure of bid/RFP proposals and customer sales quotes with field sales teams.
- Conduct sales-to-implementation turnover meetings with Medical Informatics Implementation Consultants.
- Participate in territory reviews with regional sales teams, resulting in a detailed understanding of the top deals in the region(s).
- Articulate all aspects of MI implementation, including master project plan, deliverables schedule, critical event timeline, installation, configuration, system administration, maintenance, on-going contracted services, and all associated documentation. These activities include end-to-end ownership for creation of customized solutions and roadmaps that meet customers’ unique business needs.
- Align with FFSS field sales and service management teams to develop, implement, and maintain an MI training and sales plan for each targeted geography. This could include assisting field sales teams in terms of account acquisition and opportunity planning, business value-mapping, partner alignment, training, solutions definition/development, etc.
- Expand FFSS’ influence with key industry thought leaders and customers by helping to develop reference sites, key customer marketing statements and case studies documenting value of MI products and services.
- Collaborate with internal departments to refine MI processes.
- Provide market-in feedback to product marketing for the development of MI marketing/sales tools and sales strategy.
- Provide market-in feedback to product management for the development of future MI solutions.
- Work with marketing on blog/social media post content creation and writing industry articles.
- Attend relevant industry events and trade shows.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 7 years or more of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Understanding of point-of-care ultrasound market when it comes to Healthcare IT solutions in the provider space.
- A thorough understanding of the Healthcare industry, its current challenges (e.g., security) and how the technology ecosystem plays a role in the industry’s current transformation.
- Must be able to clearly articulate how FFSS products and our product roadmap align to our overall technology vision.
- Demonstrated skill set and track record in relationship-building and influence skills across a broad constituency ranging from C-Suite executives, clinical leaders, caregivers, and information technology teams.
- Experience with clinical applications and clinician workflow processes and patient care impact. EMR/EHR’s (e.g. EPIC, Cerner, Centricity IDX, MEDITECH, Allscripts etc.). Knowledge of HL7 Interface Engines (e.g. Cloverleaf, DataGate, Corepoint, etc).
- Familiarity with Core Measures requirements.
- Must have experience with healthcare IT applications, architecture, and business processes (PACS, VNA’s, and HIE integration and testing). Traditional imaging modality knowledge preferred. Experience with non-traditional modalities and specialties a plus, especially with regards to VNA integration.
- Ability to navigate both customer and internal FFSS organizations and develop trust-based relationships.
- Must have working experience reading DICOM conformance statements, MDS2’s and IHE integration statements.
- Must be able to clearly understand and articulate how both technology and people/patients impact a hospital’s security and compliance stance.
- Direct and prior experience with security products and solutions, including but not limited to: Networking including Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and network architectures; Mobile/Device, including MDMs; Compliance Tools & Regulations, including DLP, Auditing software, HIPAA, PCI etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven success selling healthcare IT solutions and services.
- Knowledgeable in implementation processes of healthcare IT solutions.
- Proven success working in a team selling environment.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to listen and assess external and internal customer needs, translate customer requests into need statements, prioritize needs, and communicate them cross-functionally.
- Strong relationship-building skills to constructively foster relationships externally and internally.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of customer relationship management (CRM) software.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.SonoSite.com/careers.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 425-951-1200, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . Additionally, the affirmative program/plan is available for review upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.