- Process all phases of Accounts Payable.
- Ensure proper GL coding.
- Assist with the processing and reconciling of accounting documents including, but not limited to, invoices, vendor statements and journal entries.
- Review and code financial information for accuracy.
- Track expenses and process expense reports.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records.
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up-to-date.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Prepare memos, correspondence, reports and other documents as needed.
- Assist with month end closing.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Ability to work collectively with administrative team members.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related field with 1 year of relevant experience; OR
- Associates degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related field with 2 years of relevant experience; OR
- High School diploma or GED and 3 years’ of relevant experience
- Prior experience with Great Plains accounting system.
- Prior experience in Federal/State contract administration.