- Responsible for preparing General Ledger account reconciliations with sub-ledgers.
- Responsible for reconciling bank accounts to the General Ledger and researching/resolving discrepancies, placing stop payments, providing check copies, researching check exceptions, and processing wire transfers.
- Responsible for processing and reconciling of accounting documents including, but not limited to, invoices, vendor statements, ADP payroll transactions, and journal entries.
- Reviews and codes financial information for accuracy, including timekeeping records.
- Provide accounting and administrative support related to monthly management reports.
- Supports the Controller and Materials Management team in conducting the annual physical materials inventory.
- Responsible for monitoring Capital Expenditure transactions including, but not limited to, recording asset transactions in the accounting system, tag fixed assets as needed, process monthly depreciation JE, compliance with CAPEX SOP, and prepare actual to planned CAPEX spending reports.
- Develops and/or creates ad-hoc reports, including project reporting
- Responsible for setting up new contracts/projects in the accounting system including but not limited to, access to contract/project timekeeping and PAL processing.
- Provide accounting and administrative support related to contracts/projects including calculation of overhead and labor rates, labor distributions, DS-1, and incurred cost submissions.
- Provides back-up support in the absence of the Purchasing Agent.
- Provides back-up support in the absence of the Accountant I.
- Provides back-up payroll processing support in the absence of the HR Generalist.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy critical to the position.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research into accounting issues and/or tax issues and provide resolutions to management for review/consideration.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in resolving inquiries and responding to problems and/or complaints from employees, vendors, customers, etc.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Prior experience with accounting software applications, such as Great Plains accounting system or other financial accounting systems.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, or a related field and three (3) years’ experience preferably in accounting, auditing, budgeting, or closely related financial activity; OR
- Associates degree and five (5) years’ experience preferably in accounting, auditing, budgeting, or closely related financial activity
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Financial Manager (CFM)
- Prior experience in Federal/State contract administration.