Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and facilitate competency of Digital CSE’s through onsite training and formal classes along with ASM
- Establishes and maintains professional cross functional relationships in order to promote teamwork and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to provide technical field evaluation bulletins and updates back to product specialist to ensure product reliability
- Provides technical support and assists other regional service personnel with new site configuration reviews, setup and installation. Resolves technical equipment failures through phone support and on site customer visits as required.
- Maintains expertise with regard to DR, X-ray, CR & Laser product advances, implementation tools and documentation requirements by participating in meetings and training programs sponsored by the Company and outside training institutions and transfers of knowledge to other regional service personnel, as necessary.
- Responsible for all new product installations in Zone and ensuring that the local CSE has the technical ability to service and maintain the system
- Acts as the primary technical point of contact for the region for new products, software changes (including testing) and new information dissemination.
- Disseminates technical information from headquarters to regional service personnel in a timely manner.
- Advises and consults with customers and service personnel regarding system configurations and settings.
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships with key customers in order to promote customer satisfaction and to assist in promoting company products and services.
- Adheres to the Company's quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all job duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain quality records of all work activities in the service management database, web based time-card system, and electronic expense reporting system.
- Following Company and department policies, procedures and guidelines in performing daily work assignments.
- Participating, as required, in product training, meetings, skills training and professional development courses to remain current.
- Adjusting work schedules to meet customer and business demands. Participates in after-hours service and travel, as required.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned by management.
- Communicates effectively on a routine basis with all customer, co-workers and Zone Team
- Acknowledges and closes out inventory returns with Service Operations (Inventory Planning) Department within ten (5) days from receipt.
- Completes service reports for all service functions performed (Astea- opening/closing, ADP-payroll, etc.) and submits them in a timely manner as required by HQ guidelines.
- Completes expense reports and submits them in a timely manner to the Area Service Manager for review and approval on a bi-monthly / monthly basis.
- Submits film badge in accordance with the Company’s radiation safety program.
- Maintains service manuals and spare parts lists. Order spare parts, as needed. Need to be removed
- Follows up on all customer requests (service issues/escalations/upgrades, service agreements, T/M, billing questions.
- Maintains, protects and safeguards all Company equipment and materials.
- Participates in advanced training programs sponsored by the Company and/or other outside training institutions in order to acquire the requisite skills necessary to perform the primary job duties and responsibilities inherent in the position.
- A minimum of five (10) years X-ray in general radiography support experience.
- Associates degree in Information Technology and/or Information Systems / Biomedical / Electronics with a minimum of 4 years related professional experience or comparable education and work experience.
- A minimum of three (5) years of hospital, medical manufacturer's service, or equivalent experience.
- General knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, physics, chemistry, optics, pneumatics, hydraulics, hospital structure and regulatory requirements (as applicable).
- General computer skills including; Email, Microsoft Office, Operating Systems, Networking, and Hardware.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Eligibility for Government Security Clearance.
- Overnight travel ability.
- Physical ability to perform mechanical installation and repair. Work at heights, as required.
- Able to install and maintain all FMSU X-ray, DR and Mammography products with no assistance
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Formal OEm training on radiographic equipment
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
- The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
- The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
- Close Vision: The ability to see clearly at twenty inches or less.
Occasional (up to 25%) travel may be required based on business need.