Duties and responsibilities
- Assesses hardware, software and network related issues on customer systems and provides solutions for repairs by performing remote troubleshooting, diagnostic evaluations and routine inspections on medical imaging systems, equipment and components sold or serviced by the company.
- Provide product module and/or sub-module specific advanced support, guidance and assistance to Customer Support Engineers and other staff.
- Liaise with engineering development and support staff to analyze product malfunctions requiring engineering action, assists with escalations and delivers the results to other staff members.
- Collaborate with other internal and external groups on solving complex technical issues and developing innovative solutions.
- Effectively document problems and solutions into a product knowledge database.
- Assists in developing troubleshooting guides, bulletins, software files and similar resources on existing products.
- Learn and remain compliant with all regulatory and quality requirements.
- Occasionally participates in customer site visits, as necessary.
- Maintain an expert working knowledge of current medical imaging products and related technologies by staying abreast with the latest industry / technology advances through continuous education.
- Short notice and / or overnight travel, as required, to work on customer systems.
- Adheres to the Company's quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all job duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain 85 Percent Customer Satisfaction rating on individual satisfaction factors which include knowledge, professionalism and effectiveness of status updates.
- 50 Percent individual support cases to be resolved within a two hour window.
- Maintains a call volume to answered ratio of 90 Percent.
- Not-ready times are less than 10 Percent on a monthly basis.
- Maintains an outstanding rating or above in phone and communication skills.
- Maintains an outstanding rating or above in written skills.
- Completes 90 Percent of assigned projects on schedule.
- Completes a minimum of two weeks of mentoring activity per quarter.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years related professional experience or comparable education and work experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of current network technologies.
- Ability to achieve results and meet goals in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, excellent phone manner.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on interpretation of technology data and product knowledge.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
The position requires the ability to perform the following physical demands and/or have the listed capabilities.
- The ability to sit up 75-100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to use your hands and fingers to feel and manipulate items, including keyboards, up to 100% of applicable work time.
- The ability to stand, talk, and hear for 75% of applicable work time.
- The ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds up to 20% of applicable work time.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day, up to 4 hours at a time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to reach above their head to work on equipment that is on a desk, on the floor, or mounted to the ceiling, must also be comfortable on ladders.